Monday, October 20, 2008

Hugs, Loves and Snugglebugs...

That is a saying that Aidan and I say when we just want to snuggle with each other. Today after his nap, which I might add was not a very peaceful one, he came into the office where I was working and climbed into my lap and said, "Hugs, Loves and Snugglebugs" to me. Then he proceeded to sit there while I chatted with a friend on IM. Then we sat in the chair, rocked and snuggled with one another. I was so tempted to keep on working, typing with one hand, but I had to stop myself and enjoy the moment because I knew that these moments would be few and far between in the coming years.

We stayed there for a good 20 minutes like that, when he slowly began to drift into sleep. But then, of course, something woke him up and now we are getting ready to go out into the yard to rake the leaves and then roll in them! I don't want my baby to grow up, but I'm glad that I took the time to enjoy him growing up!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Hugs, Loves and Snugglebugs--love it!