Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Perfection...My Enemy...

Okay, so I started this new job. It's nothing new. I've done this type of work before. But why am I wigged? Perfection seems to be my downfall. I'm not perfect. I know that. But why do I try to do things perfectly? After all...I'm a mom! I'm luck if I wear stuff that matches...or get out of the house with everything I need, although, it may not be pretty...I'm out and I've got everything necessary...right?

It's like I'm sitting on the cusp of something awesome, but I am freaking out because I feel that I'm not ready. Not ready for WHAT? That's my problem...I don't know. This new job is going to be great! I can't wait to see what God is going to do! I get to be apart of it, but inside, deep down, I'm wising He would call someone else up. The battle on the frontline is difficult. The gospel is being attacked. The church needs to become excited about seeing people, kids even come to a saving relationship with Christ! But the task seems daunting...because I am doing it on my own...OYE VEY! How do I step back and let Him take the reins and I just follow?

Anyways...I have found the greatest song by, Francesca Battistelli...mouthful eh? Awesome, just awesome. It pinpoints my faults but exalts the fact that not being perfect is just what the King ordered.

Take a listen!

4 comments:

Angie Lynn said...

LOVE that song! I am generally not a huge fan of female singers, don't know why, but love her voice. Anyway, thanks for sharing her and your heart! Oh, and just so you know... perfection is my enemy too. I think a lot of us women have that same problem. Can't wait to keep up with your new adventure!

Helene said...

I'm a perfectionist as well. It's definitely a tough quality to overcome. But try to use it to your advantage when you can! The one good thing to come out of it is people can count on you to get a job done right!

Nancy said...

Good luck! I hope you love this new chapter. :)

Janet said...

I completely relate...But God made you special and He created your personality. Trust Him to use it for His good.

Enjoy this new chapter...